Monday, July 02, 2007

God Bless Cheap Secondhand Books!!!

I went to aksara kemang yesterday, and I found some items to add in my trasure chest! (err, I mean... my teasure bookshelf _ I collect books...) God bless those who sell their old books!!! I found these treasures inside the bargain and used books section in aksara kemang...

Jumpa Lahiri's "Interpreter of Maladies" only for Rp60.000,-
Jean-Paul Sartre's "Nausea" only for Rp30.000,-
Anne Rice's "Christ The Lord" hardcover 1st edition only Rp.30.000,- (mwuahahahaa....)
and Kate Millet's "Sexual Politics" Abacus' 1st edition (real rare!) only Rp 10.000,- (how stupid they are, selling this book only for 10grand rupiah.... ha ha)

Yippiieeee...
I've been telling myself not to buy books during my thesis moments, but since now I just have to wait for the thesis presentation, I think it's time for me to treat myself with another fine reading... (other than books I read for my thesis, which was killing me...)

Well, well, well... which one should I read first???
Lahiri's first, since I've been longing to read the book for quite a while... then Rice's, and then another re-reading of Millet, and I will be ready for Sartre's *excited* yay!

And yea, if u're a V.S Naipul freak, or u just love to read about traveling stories or novels with multicultural theme, there're three V.S Naipul books: "A Free State" (Rp30.000), "Magic Seeds" (Rp.50.000), and "Half a Life" (Rp.50.000), all in the secondhand's section in aksara kemang. I asked my friend Silka who writes about Naipul for her thesis, but she don't want it. Trying to save some money for the future, she said. No more Naipul. Hehehe, maybe she's just sick with writing about Naipul...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Renggo Adjie said...

Gue pernah beli bukunya Sartre, & Freud juga di toko buku bekas di LA cuma $1.50 alias ngga nyampe Rp 15.000. Emang udah agak coklat warna kertasnya, tapi menurut gue itu membuat buku-buku itu semakin seksi... Rait..??

Monday, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Thera Paramehta said...

hell yes...
i love the smell of a real new books
and i love the appearance of old books, ahhh.. that yellow fragile paper....
and of course, i collect 1st edition books... semakin vintage semakin aduhayy...
tp yg plg penting lg... buku2 gw yg ada tanda tangan penulisnya ;-D itu dia harta karun gw!
sejauh ini yg plg berharga buku supernova akar yg covernya ada lambang "ohm" yg gak lama setelah terbit ditarik dr peredaran. cetakan pertama, dan ada tanda tangannya dee... hahihuhehohahihuhehoooo.....

Monday, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Muna Fathiyah said...

hahahaha gue jg kmaren pas di jkt kerjaannya bolak - balik aksara, ngebeli yg second2 itu hihihi.

Monday, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Renggo Adjie said...

Hahaha, kalo gue kebalik.. Semua buku gue & buku temen2 gue yang pernah singgah di telapak tangan gue, pasti gue cap bergambar muka gue lagi senyum... Mau..??

Monday, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Thera Paramehta said...

err...
no thx!

Monday, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Renggo Adjie said...

Pleaseeeeee.... (Lho..???)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous dim dum said...

Jumpa Lahiri's "Interpreter of Maladies" only for Rp60.000,-

damn...murah lhoo...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home